About MeHi, I am Fumeng Yang, a PhD student at Department of Computer Science, Brown University.
I work with Prof. David Laidlaw and the VRL lab on Virtual Reality and Visualization.
Before, I was an Ms/PhD student at Department of Computer Science, Tufts University, with Prof. Remco Chang. I received my M.Sc. degree in May 2016 from Tufts Univerisity.
Back further, I received my B.E. degree in Computer Science and Technoloy from Shandong University, China under the advicing of Prof. Zhifang Jiang.
- Graphics class
I collected all my work in CS123: Introduction to Computer Graphics. [demos]
- Statement of Purpose
If you wanna know more about me, I shared my Statement of Purpose in 2015 when applying to PhD programs. [statement]
I dropped the components that were customized for different schools, although I wish I had time to write a totally customized statement for each school.
- PhD qualification exam talk
I did my PhD qualification exam at Tufts in May 2015. The talk I gave in March 2015 is about perceptual modeling and big data visualization. [slides]
(Some of backup slides come from Lane Harrison's talk at 2014 InfoVis.)
- Visualization class
I designed most of the assignments and labs of 2014 fall VIS class at Tufts. [demos]
- Crafts: I was (past tense, sad) a designer of paper model, but no time recently... [pictures]
- Reading: fiction, philosophy, and history, English and Chinese
- Music: classical and light music such as Chopin, Secret Garden, Hai Lin etc.
- Drawing: digital drawing
- Animes: Japanese animes and Chinese animes. I have a list of animes I've watched (in Chinese) [link]
- Traveling: vacation + conference [pictures]
- Sleeping: zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ
- Costume: I'm a fun of Hanfu (汉服, the traditional clothing of the Han Chinese ethnic group) and Lolita fashion.