About MeI am Fumeng Yang, a PhD candidate at Department of Computer Science, Brown University.
I work with Prof. David Laidlaw and the VRL lab on Virtual Reality and Visualization.
Before, I was an Ms/PhD student at Department of Computer Science, Tufts University, with Prof. Remco Chang. I received my M.Sc. degree from Tufts Univerisity in May 2016.
Back further, I received my B.E. degree in Computer Science and Technoloy from Shandong University, China under the advicing of Prof. Zhifang Jiang.
- Graphics class
I collected all my work in CS123: Introduction to Computer Graphics.
- Statement of Purpose
I shared my Statement of Purpose when applying to PhD programs in 2015.
I dropped the components that were customized for different schools, although I wish I had time to write a totally customized statement for each school.
- PhD qualification exam talk
I did my Tufts qualification exam in 2015. The talk I gave is about perceptual modeling and big data visualization.
(Some of the backup slides come from Lane Harrison's talk at 2014 InfoVis.)
- Visualization class
I designed most of the assignments and labs of 2014 fall VIS class at Tufts.
- Reading: fiction, philosophy, and history; English and Chinese
- Animes/Manga: Japanese animes/manga and Chinese animes. I have a list of animes I've watched (in Chinese)
- Traveling: vacation + conference
- Sleeping: zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ
- Crafts: I was (past tense, sad) a designer of paper model, but no time recently...
- Music: classical and light music such as Chopin, Secret Garden, Hai Lin etc.
- Costume: I'm a fun of Lolita fashion and Hanfu (汉服, the traditional clothing of the Han Chinese ethnic group).